ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Pumpkins: Observational Drawings


An easy observational drawing project I do with my Grade 3's during October. I buy mini decorative pumpkins and place them on the tables around the room. Students draw these first in pencil on purple construction paper. I show them how to use curved lines to try to achieve a realistic drawing. Then they colour these with construction paper crayons. 
I also demonstrate how to add a highlight for an even more 3-D look. 
This took my students about two- 40 minute periods but some finished in one period.

Their classroom teacher is going to have them do some creative writing about their pumpkin and then we'll display the art + writing on the bulletin board together!






















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...