ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Cookie Observational Drawings


This was an observational drawing lesson I did a while back with a mixed grade level class consisting of students from Grades 4 all the way up to Grade 12! 
This was an options class that students could choose to take, hence, I get my 
most dedicated artists in the class.

I bought a box of the classic fruit creme cookies (on sale!!)
They have both nice lines as well as a pop of colour. I love the classic vintage look of these.
The good thing about these cookies is that they never go off so they lasted three weeks no problem!

I turn off all the lights in my classroom and have the students rely on the natural light that comes from the large window at the end of my room. It's helpful to have only one light source when you're doing any type of observational drawing.

Some students are working on their chess piece observational drawing as well.
 Students had to complete three drawings: a simple line contour, a shaded drawing and 
then a colour version using coloured pencils on black paper.

CONTOUR:


SHADED:


COLOURED PENCILS:


Once they were all completed, they mounted them onto a sheet of black paper.
Each drawing took at least one class period (40 minutes).




















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...