ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Candy Corn Creatures Collage


My Grade 4's recently finished these super cute candy corn creatures. It's a fairly simple two class project that helps reinforce good cutting and gluing skills.
I gave students two printed candy corn templates to choose from. Using markers (Mr. Sketch works really well for this due to the thick chisel tip) they colour them in and then cut them out.


Time to pull out my big box of scrap paper!


They cut out arms, legs, accessories and facial features.


In-between classes, we stored all the loose pieces in page protectors.


Some Grade 4 results!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I am saving this one!

Miss said...

Thanks Tracey :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...